[Rhodes22-list] Flying intruders

Ben Schultz BenS at ApproSystems.com
Mon Oct 20 15:17:32 EDT 2003

I completed my Bimini installation on Friday with one minor hitch, which I
thought you might find amusing.

Stan sent me a couple of mounts to plug into the gunnel.  I had to cut a
hole to the correct size, and then the steel fitting into my hole.  I
completed the task on the starboard side without any problem.  However, when
I knocked out the fiberglass on the port side, it came to light that there
was a small wasps nest right under the spot where I drilled!  5-10 angry
wasps immediately stormed out of the hole that I had cut, zipping wildly
around for something to sting.  Fortunately, none of them found me, but I
have to admit that by the third wasp, I was running like my ass was on fire.

Once the commotion ceased, I was able to complete the installation without
any problems.  But that does make me wonder:  has anyone had to get rid of
wasps that nest up in the gunnels?  What on earth can you do about them?
How about one of those foggers that you might use to get rid of roaches?

Let me know if you have any good ideas on this.

Ben
R22 Velvet Elvis

The information transmitted may contain confidential material and is
intended only for the person or entity to which it is addressed.
Any review, retransmission, dissemination or other use of or taking of any
action by persons or entities other than the intended recipient is
prohibited.
If you are not the intended recipient, please delete the information from
your system and contact the sender.