[Rhodes22-list] edenton & western bay report

William P. Barry, III wp.barry at att.net
Sat Sep 20 22:56:34 EDT 2003

All: report as of 9/20/03

Edenton Report:
    Heard from Elton today. Power, phone, and water are all down in Edenton.
Trees and brush all over the place. The Michigan show went on without GBI
due to the weather. However, other than fallen trees and the utility outages
GBI survived.

Middle River Report:
    Went to Parkside Marina today. the Marina building was halfway
underwater during the tidal surge. The dock came within 10 inches of the top
of the pilings. All vessels still tied up and survived. 4 cars however did
not do so well. They were completely submerged. Water level subsided, and
ground is soaked. Maryland marina had a loss of 2-4 vessels. Bowley's is
said to have boats both find their way aground on the parking lot and
floating the bay. Bowley's Quarter's Road was closed beyond Red Rose Farm
Drive due to unsafe conditions.

Will Barry / Russ Miller