[Rhodes22-list] Re: Rhodes wanabes and List Lurkers

Robert Skinner robert at squirrelhaven.com
Fri Dec 10 16:43:19 EST 2004

hank reiling wrote:
> ... But to make a long story short it will be ours
> more so after it is in the water than if we had just
> gone to Edenton and trailered it home and put it in
> the water...
Hank -

Sounds as if you could launch and sail after 3 fixes -
CB, post, and trunk.

Let me encourage you to get the boat into the water
and sailing, even if only with a ratty old main, as
soon as possible.

Once the boat is water-tight on the bottom, and you
have a better feel for how she behaves, the work you
do will be better directed/prioritized, and you will
get some gratification/return on your labor as you
go along.

Take it from a guy who has earned a few gray hairs;
you need to sail her to know what she wants.  And the
kids will be better able to contribute ideas and feel
100% involved if they can touch and use the results
of their work.

Yours is a noble project.  Old boats, like old houses,
should be cherished.
--
Robert Skinner
"Squirrel Haven", 9 Gateway Commons, Gorham, Maine 04038-1331