[Rhodes22-list] A description of '94 Bahamas trip.

FredkLange at aol.com FredkLange at aol.com
Mon Jan 5 21:05:57 EST 2004

Hi Chris,

Thanks for the fine story.  As one who sails Lake Erie to points in the
middle and on the other side, I am interested in your provisions for the Big Wave,
or knock down.  Would you indulge me in a couple questions?

Did you seal the cockpit openings to the cabin permanently, or was that a
removable solution?

Same question about the locking pins for the pop top.  If removable, how did
you install them?  I raise my pop top all the time for day sailing.  It is
also invaluable for cruising.  When the bugs are hitchhiking, I screen off the
poptop and stay in the cabin with the GPS and autopilot remote.  Yet in a half
hour, the scene can change from bugs to thunderstorm waves.  So a quick change
would be ideal.

Fred