[Rhodes22-list] Chicago Strictly Sail

Ronald Lipton rlipton at earthlink.net
Sat Jan 17 20:56:14 EST 2004

Jerry, the Chicago Reader site: http://www.chicagoreader.com has
the most comprehensive week-by-week listings of music, theatre, as
well as restaurants.  There are LOTS of hotels downtown not far
from Navy Pier (Fairmont, Doubletree, Hyatt, Marriott ...).  I would
look for one with the best weekend deal. You can also stay a bit farther
and take the "EL" in, but I would guess that you can find a good
off season rate downtown.  The Art Institute, Field Museum of Natural
History, Aquarium, and Planetarium are all nearby.  Architecture tours
run by the Chicago Architecture Society are also nice.  Of course a lot
of this depends on the weather .... We were in NYC last weekend and
froze our tails off.

Ron