[Rhodes22-list] New to Rhodes

Mark Kaynor mark at kaynor.org
Mon Jul 26 21:38:01 EDT 2004

Nell,

We spent a long time researching and trying out trailerable pocket cruisers
and reached the same conclusion as you - the Rhodes 22 is a fantastic
trailerable boat. There's not much I'd change. We've found that ours is
about perfect for our intended use. We love the pop top, the pop top
enclosure, the mast raising system, the furling main, the huge cockpit, the
shallow draft, etc., etc. I'm sure you know all the plusses.

We really enjoy sailing Raven - she's a bit like a cross between a keel boat
and a dinghy. I'd make her a bit more stiff, but I'm not sure how that could
be accomplished w/o trading off more than I'm willing to.

I don't think you'll find a better built, more forgiving trailerable boat in
it's price range. 'Course, you'd expect to her that here, wouldn't you <g>?

Mark Kaynor