[Rhodes22-list] Nell -Trailers, new boat and Okracoke

ed kroposki ekroposki at charter.net
Tue Jul 27 09:36:02 EDT 2004

Nell:

	This list will occasionally get charged up.  Moreover, people have
gotten so hyper that they quit the list and are never heard from again.

	The trailers for the R22 that you get from Stan work fine.  People
have dragged their boats over 1,000 miles without major problems.  That is
why Stan asked Chris how his trip from Baltimore to Oregon went.  Many
people have bought used R 22's and towed them long distances home.  Older
used trailers have developed travel problems.  Bearings have burned up and
wheels fallen off.  However, these problems can be fixed on the road if you
take spares and are ready for them.  I have not heard of anybody not getting
to their destination.

	Elton delivers boats in Slim's part of the country.  People do not
always get the trailer right away.  That means Elton drags an empty trailer
back to Edenton.  Elton would love to deliver a boat and then drop off a new
trailer.

	When you say that you want to go to Ocracoke, did you mean sail from
Edenton to Ocracoke by yourself?  Wow, that is quite the trip.  I can see it
now, newspaper headlines, Graveyard of the Atlantic claims another sailor.

	A few years ago, somebody used the ICW to go to Cape Lookout.  If
you go, take pictures.  Some of us can only go vicariously.

Ed K
Greenville, SC, USA