[Rhodes22-list] East River

Lou Rosenberg lsr3 at MAIL.nyu.edu
Wed Jun 9 17:22:46 EDT 2004

>I note you say, "in any kind of vessal".  I did it in a 15' Snipe.  (Since
>all other Snipes are 16',  I hold the record for doing it in a 15' one.)
>What is more, I did half the round trip without a motor.  When I succumbed
>to owning a motor and bought a 2 hp Evinrude along the way, it cut my
>backward speed down about 2 knots. I had to grab onto a barge and share
********
  Stan,
    I was wondering if you knew my late father David Rosenberg?
  He owned a Snipe back in 1971 and bought it from a Dan Liker up in
City Island.  They both sailed it down the East River to  Gravesend
bay where he kept it in a small marina that I believe is not around
any longer.
   great boat (wood hull) and very fast.
  Lou Rosenberg
  (wannabe Rhodes owner)