[Rhodes22-list] no sailing for awhile

cjlowe cjlowe at bright.net
Mon Jun 14 22:59:24 EDT 2004

Took a vacation day today,to make a long weekend.Carol and I took the gold wing down to the lake (Charles Mill Lake ).It's one of a bunch of lakes in the Muskingum watershed district,built for recreation and to control flooding.We've had 5" of rain in the last 5 days,and  after a very wet spring,the lake is over  5 FEET above normal ! Sunday we went sailing, and just  cleared the power lines over the channel with the windex.Today the water is  2 feet higher and expected to rise 2 more feet overnight,If we don't have any more rain. About the time I got this news , the sky started to darken and rumble,we rode 65-70 mph the whole way home. Beat the thunderstorm home by 1 minute.Only got about  4 tenths of an inch in that cloudburst.
     Jerry