[Rhodes22-list] New Owner Questions ...

R22RumRunner at aol.com R22RumRunner at aol.com
Thu Jun 17 07:40:05 EDT 2004

Bob,
The inside track has a real advantage when you furl the 175 to around a 100
or maybe a little more. Slide the car to give you the best advantage on the
sail  for the best sail shape. It really makes a huge difference on your
pointing  ability with a furled 175.
Your leaks are more than likely coming from the ports or chain plates.
Rebedding them will solve your problem. Taking apart the centerboard cover to
check the hose is a last resort in my opinion and probably not your problem  area.
Some owners have discovered that the top hose clamp on that hose needed
tightening. It's a little tricky to get at and might require some fiberglass
modification. (cutting out a hole to reach the clamp)
If I remember correctly, you're on Lake Wissota aren't you? Have a cold
Leinenkugel's for me....or two....or maybe three.

Rummy