[Rhodes22-list] Bazilnuts

Steve Alm stevealm at hotmail.com
Fri Jun 18 15:12:37 EDT 2004

Hi everybody and greetings from Recife, Brazil!  So far, our trip has been
great.  We spent the first few days on a farm outside of the city of
Sorocaba, which is about an hour west of Sao Paulo.   The farm is about 50
hectors which I think is something like 100 acres but there might be
something lost in the translation.  8-)  My Portuguese still leaves a lot to
be desired.  The nights got down to 6 degrees C.  Somebody forgot to tell me
that it's winter here!  Sao Paulo is right on the Tropic of Capricorn.

Yesterday we flew north to Recife which is much warmer--about 8 degrees
south of the equator.  We spent last night in a tiny hotel room one block
from the beach.  This weekend we'll be staying with some friends who live
inland about a half hour and work as ceramic sculpors and have a beautiful
art facility at there home--kilns, etc.

Brazilian food is the greatest!  The beef is unreal.  It's richer and seems
more flavorful.  There's a famous song down here entitled, There's No Sin
South of the Equator.  Well, that sounds good to me!

I'm taking lots of photos and I'll post them on my new shutterfly account
when I have more time.

Later,

Slim