[Rhodes22-list] (no subject)

R22RumRunner at aol.com R22RumRunner at aol.com
Sat Mar 6 07:28:12 EST 2004

John,
Sounds very suspicious to me. With a boat that old, it could simply be that
the rivets broke from fatigue, but I rather doubt it. You will need to get the
boat on the trailer, remove the rub rail insert (rubber) and do a further
inspection. It might mean that you didn't have the boat rigged properly, meaning
to much tension on the standing rigging. The foam insulation in the bow could
be water logged, putting more pressure on the bow of the boat.
Without seeing the boat, it is really hard to know what happened. Either way,
she needs to come out to at least replace the rivets.

Rummy