[Rhodes22-list] Brazil, was instigator

Lloyd Crowther lcrowther at cox.net
Fri Mar 19 13:28:23 EST 2004

Slim and Rummy,

Speaking of cashasa (sp?) I tried a bottle  when I was in Rio getting ready
for my trip through Matto Grosso and Rhondonia, but thought it a little
distasteful and very strong.  I was told it was native Brandy but the only
thing I'm sure of it was potent.  Several weeks later, after living the
jungle life for a while, I found out if you occasional went through a
settlement of sorts, you could always find a native who made the jungle
version of the stuff which was even stronger and oh so good!  Also stopped a
guy on a road one day and bought his 3" round, 2' long roll of native pipe
tobacco wrapped up in leafs and tied with a piece of vine which probably
saved me from dying of a nicotine fit.  I guess you have to do what you have
to do, but enjoying it is the sign of an adaptor!!

Lloyd
(This has very little to do with boating)