[Rhodes22-list] A sailing question to break the silence

Mark Kaynor mark at kaynor.org
Tue Mar 23 20:05:28 EST 2004

Bob,

We had Raven's bottom redone last year and had a vinyl paint applied because
it's really, really tough. It doesn't contain as much biocide and many
others, but it's supposed to last for several years, staying clean with the
occasional light scrubbing with a 3M Scotchpad. We've been pretty happy with
it. We had black Interlux Micron CSC on there before. It's an ablative paint
that worked really well, but it would rub off on anything it touched
including swimmers, the trailer bunks, etc.

Mark Kaynor