[Rhodes22-list] Solar Panel

Rafe rafe00 at ameritech.net
Sun May 2 19:16:52 EDT 2004

How long have you had the solor panel?  Did it ever
work?  When we got our recycled R22 the solar panel
was hooked up backwards.  Try unhooking the solor
panel and connecting a volt meeter to it - depending
upon the sun it should be a few volts higher than 12.
Then make sure  to reconnected it pos to pos and neg
to neg.  I know this sounds silly, but it worked for
me.

Since I fixed the problem the solar panel has worked
great.  I highly recommend them.  I only have one
right now connected to one battery in the cabin.
Sometimes in the summer it will over charge a little,
but I just make sure the battery is toped off with
distilled water and the system has been strong for
3yrs now.  I have never had to take that battery out
of the boat.  I have another battery that chargers off
the motor on a seperate system and I take it in during
the winter and keep it charged up.  If I took more
extended trips I would get one or two more panels.

Rafe