[Rhodes22-list] R 22 Rigging question

Roger Pihlaja cen09402 at centurytel.net
Sat May 8 14:22:19 EDT 2004

Keith,

Dynamic Equilibrium, our 1976 Rhodes 22, normally lives most of the summer
in the water at our house on Sanford Lake.  We don't trailer the boat that
often.  We normally leave the traveller & mainsheet rigged.  We slack off
the backstay adjuster just enough that the mast doesn't rock back & forth,
but the ends of the hull are under minimal tension.

If your boat slip is in a high crime area where theft is an issue; then, you
might want to unrig the traveller & mainsheet & stow it below deck.  Of
course, in that case, you would want to stow everything under the cockpit
seats and in the coaming compartments below deck as well.

Roger Pihlaja
S/V Dynamic Equilibrium