[Rhodes22-list] traveler and tiller tamer upgrade questions

bgreenwald at optonline.net bgreenwald at optonline.net
Sun May 9 23:22:38 EDT 2004

I am working my way through my spring commissioning
list and have two "upgrade" (hopefully) items I need a little
help with.

First, my traveler was delivered with lines that were too
short so I have decided to convert to a single line system.
As best as I can tell, the exisitng lines are 1/4 in and, while
the fit through the traveler bar is extremely tight, I assume
this is what I should spec for the replacement,  I am at a
loss as to what type of line I should use.  The catalogues
are just a puzzlement to me - too many choices - and the
folks at WM weren't particularly helpful.
 I am also curious the lenght of line used by those who
have already done this.

Second, I plan to install the Davis Tiller Tamer which calls
for installing clam cleats on the top lip of the aft seatback. I
have never drilled or screwed anything into the fiberglass
and would like some advice as to how best to avoid any
damage - cracking, etc.

Thankd much in advance for your thoughts on either
question.

Bruce Greenwald
S/V Ruach II