[Rhodes22-list] Mast Crutch

Rob Lowe rlowe at vt.edu
Tue May 11 14:57:43 EDT 2004

Doug,
While your advice is certainly valid, I just lay my (standard) mast on the
stern rail using a cushion between them and lashing the mast to the rail.
Might not be the best way to do it, but that's how the PO did it.  Also, I
can say from personnel experience that the stern rail can absorb the force
of the mast being dropped on it from a few feet above it.  No damage (either
time) to the mast or the rail.  The mast lowering procedures have been
modified, so hopefully I won't have to test it a third time.

Rob Lowe
S/V Getaway