[Rhodes22-list] New Guy Intro

Doug Mistler mistler at mindspring.com
Thu May 13 08:49:57 EDT 2004

Hello to all,

By way of introduction, I am a new subcriber from the Herndon area near
Dulles Airport in landlocked Northern Virginia (not to be confused with the
"real" Virginia).

I had the pleasure of visiting the General Boats' "mother house" recently.
While there, I enjoyed Stan's dry wit and fell in love with a Rhodes 22
which, like its future owner, is "slightly used but in good condition."

Regretably, Stan tells me that I shall continue to be landlocked until
sometime in July.  I now am looking for a Marina slip south of Annapolis on
the Chesapeake somewhere between Galesville and Deale.  Any suggestions
would be appreciated.

How many "Rhodies" are on the Chesapeake Bay or primarily sail there?  Are
there any planned get-togethers after I have a wet keel?

Fair winds!

-- Doug