[Rhodes22-list] stained Rhodes

Peter Thorn pthorn at nc.rr.com
Thu May 13 12:53:11 EDT 2004

More from the peanut galley:

Starbright "Hull Cleaner" is mostly Oxalic acid.  I just transfer this into
a spray bottle - but be VERY careful not to breath it - keep upwind.
Walmart has the best price around here.  You should expect to pay a little
more than Rummy's "Mean Green" stuff.  However, it works very, very well.
Spray on, hose off - done!

Good luck.

PT

David:

May I recommend a step between "Mean Green" and an abrasive cleaner.
Try a solution of 'oxalic' acid, aka, wood bleach.  Wet area with solution
and let stand quite a while.  Wood bleach is available at True Value hard
ware stores, you know, the place John Madden always advertises.
Bye the way, where are you?
          Ed K
Sailing on Rummy's lake, aka, Lake Hartwell:
http://www.sas.usace.army.mil/lakes/hartwell/