[Rhodes22-list] Toys for Rhodes

Roger Pihlaja cen09402 at centurytel.net
Mon May 17 22:07:07 EDT 2004

Jeff,

There are transom-mounted transducers for the knotmeter/log/water
temperature and also some installations of the depth sounder transducer
wherein the sensor is bonded to the inside of the hull with epoxy.  Without
going into the technicalities of these installations, neither type works
particularly well.  To the best of my knowledge on the subject, both types
of transducers will give the best accuracy & sensitivity (greatest measured
depth) if installed in properly located and oriented thru-hulls.  A
below-the-waterline thru hull is no big deal.

Roger Pihlaja
S/V Dynamic Equilibrium