[Rhodes22-list] We have water!

Mary Lou Troy mltroy at verizon.net
Tue May 18 09:25:25 EDT 2004

Doug,
Deale to St. Michael's shouldn't be a bad run. It's a little shorter than
you think because in the R22 you can cut across the bar without going all
the way south to R2. We did that on our way home to Rock Hall last year. We
were sort of mid tide and never saw less than 5' crossing in the area
marked on the charts for 4.

I think St. Michael's is about the same distance from Deale as it is from
Rock Hall which has been generally a 5 or 6 hour trip. Did you know that if
you are a member of the Chesapeake Bay Maritime Museum at the contributor
level you can dock there for at rates considerably less than at the other
marinas in town? (see http://www.cbmm.org/vi_dock_rates.html for details).
We've done that few times. After the museum closes you have the grounds to
yourselves - it's very nice.

Mary Lou
1991 R22 Fretless
Swan Creek, MD / Ft. Washington, PA