[Rhodes22-list] Rhode river Rhodies

Lloyd Crowther lcrowther at cox.net
Fri May 21 00:51:16 EDT 2004

Jim,

Won't be on the water this weekend.  Waiting for a new gas tank.  My 1994
metal Yamaha tank started to leak, I think in part because the boat swamped
in last September's hurricane, and the motor is so old that they don't stock
that model tank anymore.  I know, there are other tanks that will work, but
us old guys are most comfortable with familiar things; also there are
thunderstorms forecast thru next Tuesday, and my youngest son and his wife
are due in from Florida Friday afternoon to take me to a big shindig on
Saturday.  They will be leaving Sunday evening.  He just got back from Haiti
last week so I am eager to hear his adventures about an area that has
dropped out of the news recently because we haven't picked on any prisoners
there (that we know about).  Anyhow, it seemed like a good time to upgrade
my fuel system before I light up both my pipe and the whole Marina.

You Rhodies that have been around long enough, like Jim, may remember my
email on 9/11 telling about picking this same son up after he walked from
the Pentagon to the Home Depot in Falls Church so he could use my phone to
call the wives of the other officers in his section to assure them that
everybody had got out safely.  Incidentally, that is the same Home Depot
where the famous D.C. Snipers more recently shot the lady for which the
youngest one was sentenced to life earlier this year.  These are interesting
times in Northern Virginia if one is retired, doesn't have to commute in
some of the worst traffic in the nation, and monitors a scanner as I do;
getting the news as it happens so-to-speak.

Lloyd