[Rhodes22-list] Ground Tackle

Doug Mistler mistler at mindspring.com
Fri May 21 16:33:29 EDT 2004

Back when we were discussing "Toys for Rhodes," Michael said that his first
priority would be a working anchor system rated for 40+ knots.  As I am soon
to purchase my anchor line and chain, I would like to ask the list, what
anchor & rode combinations are all of you using?

As you guys and gals have a lot of experience, what do you recommend for
overnighting and weathering a Chesapeake Bay thunderstorm with some margin
of safety?  Would premium 3/8" line with a moderate grade 1/4" chain be a
good combination?

Fair winds
--Doug
(whose "slightly used" Rhodes is still at the glider factory)