[Rhodes22-list] Surgery

Todd Tavares sprocket80 at mail.com
Fri May 21 23:22:54 EDT 2004

   Slim,
   Actually, I think I am now just a hair taller. When they removed the
   disks, they put in pieces of bone that were about twice the height of
   the disks so that the muscles and tendons will also help to keep those
   bone graft sections under compression until they calcify and fill with
   marrow tissue.
   My older brother is 6'5" and my younger brother is 6'4". All of my
   adult life I have been only 5' 11 + 3/4" tall. I am going to hold a
   level on top of my head and mark my height on the door jamb as soon as
   I get offline here. Maybe I can finally say that I am six feet tall!!
   :-)
   I was just joking about my wife making me get my own coffee. She too
   is a great care-giver and a true gem. I did make the mistake of
   jokingly answering her question of, "Where would you men be without us
   women?" by saying, "Probably still in The Garden of Eden." (I have an
   odd sense of humor you must remember) I think if I wasn't in that neck
   brace, I would have gotten a fat lip. : -q)
   Todd