[Rhodes22-list] Ground Tackle

Doug Mistler mistler at mindspring.com
Mon May 24 08:02:44 EDT 2004

Michael, thanks for providing specifics.  On the anchor line, are you saying
that larger than 3/8" does not have sufficient elasticity with a working
anchor?  I somewhat arbitarily estimated 15' of chain based on weight.

Having both a plow-type anchor and a Danforth-type aboard would seem to
provide for most types of bottom.  Of course, there is the issue of storage
for the second anchor.  Having the plow as the primary probably would
require one of the Danforths types which can be disassembled.

Fair winds!
--Doug