[Rhodes22-list] Ground Tackle

Mark Kaynor mark at kaynor.org
Mon May 24 11:28:24 EDT 2004

Mary Lou,

It's the FX-11 - a bit oversized for the boat (recommended for 28'-32') but
it only weighs 7 lbs., so even though it's a bit unwieldy size-wise, it's
never a problem to deploy or haul. A friend uses the same anchor on his
Hunter 27 and has never dragged.

We started using the anchor/rode bag in the laz after seeing your setup and
like it for all the same reasons you give. We've only got about 8' of
chain - I'd feel more comfortable in weather with 15-20 ft. or so, but it's
what came w/ the boat and we've never dragged, so....
http://www.fortressanchors.com/fortress_anchor_guide.html

We keep a second anchor (the original from GB) in a Rubbermaid bin under the
seats, also ready to go at a moment's notice. We've only ever used it as a
lunch hook, however.

Mark