[Rhodes22-list] Ground Tackle

Doug Mistler mistler at mindspring.com
Mon May 24 13:50:29 EDT 2004

Mary Lou,

Very good points.

Fair winds!
--Doug

-----Original Message-----
From: rhodes22-list-bounces at rhodes22.org
[mailto:rhodes22-list-bounces at rhodes22.org] On Behalf Of Mary Lou Troy
Sent: Monday, May 24, 2004 8:30 AM
To: The Rhodes 22 mail list
Subject: RE: [Rhodes22-list] Ground Tackle

[...]
We decided
shortly after we got the boat that we didn't like the idea of storing the
rode in the tray in the v-berth. Didn't like the idea of introducing all
that excess moisture (and muddy smell) to the interior. When we hauled
anchor last weekend after the storm, not only was the anchor loaded with
mud but the chain was extremely muddy for about half its length. We were
able to get most of the mud off the anchor by dunking but the bag kept the
muddy chain contained until we could get back to the dock and a hose. We've
been considering some sort of washdown set-up.