[Rhodes22-list] Re: [rhodes-list] Differences in year models

Lloyd Crowther lcrowther at cox.net
Thu May 27 21:41:10 EDT 2004

Herb,

I agree with Rummy's answer that you have an 1983 Rhodes22.  The GBX letters
indicate it was made by General Boats so it is not a knock-off.  My '86 has
3 compartments that are actually under the rear of the v-berth but aft of
the flotation installation.  The center compartment holds the battery, the
starboard compartment contains the fresh water tank which is filled through
a fitting on the starboard deck next to said water tank.  The port
compartment is for storage.  Note, some other people seem to have their
battery someplace else.  Also, I have no AC capability but my outboard
recharges my one battery when I am under power.

Behind the v-berth but forward of the starboard partition that joins the
post supporting the mast base is a space that holds a portapotty very
nicely.  My boat has a curtain rod that can be rotated from its location
behind the partition to a position parallel to the partition but on the
other side of the support post; in effect closing the entrance to the
v-berth area and providing some privacy to the occasional user when the
curtain is deployed.  There is a gap where the curtain rides up on the port
bench because the curtain reaches down almost to the cabin sole and the
curtain is certainly not sound-proof but the arrangement is better than a
poke in the eye with a sharp stick and requires no fiberglass work.

Hey, it works for me.
Lloyd