[Rhodes22-list] Memorial Day Plans

R22RumRunner at aol.com R22RumRunner at aol.com
Sat May 29 15:32:49 EDT 2004

Roger,
To bad about your weather. You can have some of the 90 degree heat we've
got. We haven't had any significant rain in over two weeks.
The Old Town canoes we had were the wooden framed jobs with a painted  canvas
over the frame. Considered heavy to the Grumman aluminum canoes,  tippy, but
very, very fast. I always took the speed over the stability of  the aluminum.
Portaging a mile or so it didn't seem to make much difference with  the yolk.
We had three people to a canoe and two packs. One with the large old  canvas
tents and our sleeping bags and personal stuff and the other with  the cook
utensils and food. I always took the canoe over the cook pack.
We changed out the main sail on Rum Runner this morning. Two hours from
start to finish. My hat is off to GB for making the sails replaceable (went from
Lee to Doyle) without changing so much as a screw hole. Good job Stan. Anyone
know what the extra fiberglass rod is for?
The wind didn't cooperate today, so I haven't had a chance to sail it yet.  I
will let you know how it goes when the wind blows.
Rummy