[Rhodes22-list] bow/stern light problem

bgreenwald at optonline.net bgreenwald at optonline.net
Sun May 30 11:36:17 EDT 2004

Hi All,

Ready to launch except that I dscovered yesterday that my bow and stern lights are both out.  No power is showing at the fixtures but, by drawing power directly from a 12 volt source to the fixture I determined that the fixtures themselves are functioning.  I could use some help in tracing the problem and since I don't know much about how the boat is wired or electrical matters in general, I am not sure where to start.  The two lights are on the same switch on the electrical panel and, if the labeling is to be believed, they are the only thing on that panel. Does anyone know if the running light lines are typically spliced together  somewhere else in the system?  Would there be a fuse somewhere on the line that might  have blown?  Does it make sense to start with the panel  and work out in both directions from there?  I am not sure how accessible any of the lines will be - I know they are run through the bow and stern rails and I think the stern light line is then r
un under the starboard seat but beyond that I don't really know, so I don't know where I can get access to test the lines.  Any help would be much appreciated.  If it is relevant, my boat is a 2002.  Thanks much in advance.

Bruce Greenwald
S/V Ruach II