[Rhodes22-list] Blue Loon has finally 'splashed'

Julie Thorndycraft julie at circle7.net
Sun May 30 21:09:55 EDT 2004

In the middle of this terrible weather that we are having in the midwest,
which seems to alternate between thunderstorms and general downpour, we
finally got Blue Loon tucked away at her new dock on the Upper Lake (of Lake
Minnetonka fame). This means there are now two Rhodes 22's on the Upper
Lake, the other being Fandango and co-captained by Slim.

We had hoped to have her in the water much earlier but got involved with
various boat projects.
1) Re-wired both bow and stern lights to eliminate their sporadic response.
2) Added two new group 27 AGM batteries which we tied together in parallel -
we hope this will ensure that our anchor light will last the entire night
and still give us enough juice to fire the motor.
3) Re-wired the cabling servicing the water pump and everything else that
was in questionable state - our boat spent it's first five years in Florida
and the salt air had taken it's toll. Diagramed everything we could get to.
4) Corrected the wiring for the masthead light so we could take advantage of
the 2 lights (2/3 masthead, 1/3 anchor).
5) Added a teak magazine rack to hold charts and binoculars.

So now we are ready to sail, if the thunderstorms would stop.....

Julie and Dan
s/v Blue Loon
Excelsior, MN