[Rhodes22-list]David and Rose

Mark Kaynor mark at kaynor.org
Mon Oct 25 12:52:26 EDT 2004

Rummy,

We could have bought just slightly more than 2 "Boat Show Package #2"s with
what we paid for her - just under $80K. At the time (last winter) similarly
equipped boats were selling for $100-110K. We decided that we'd rather spend
a bit more money and buy a boat that was ready to sail rather than one we'd
need to spend a year or two (and lots of "boat bucks") fixing up. We've been
very happy w/ our decision.

We really lucked w/ the Pos, too. They were ready to sell - she'd been on
the market for just under a year starting at $105K, then down to $95K - and
they were itching to buy and get into their new boat. They worked with us a
lot, were really nice to deal with, and have been incredibly helpful
post-sale. I'm sitting at the nav station as I type this, working from the
boat this week. Tough job, but somebody's gotta do it <g>.

Mark