[Rhodes22-list] Government workers

Todd Tavares sprocket80 at mail.com
Fri Sep 10 20:30:18 EDT 2004

   Steve,

      I work in government buildings every day.   I see how productive
   the workers are.  Lets' see a typical day for a government employee.

   0902 - arrives two minutes late, making lame excuses to the security
   guard(who could give a crap less)

   0915 - finally gets to the office after BS'ing with co-workers in
   front of the elevator.

   0920 - heads down to the cafeteria to get breakfast.

   1015 - heads back up to the office.

   1020 - stops by the canteen shop for a newspaper. chats with some
   other co-workers.

   1030 - makes it back to the office and sits down in front of the
   computer to read e-mails and jokes sent from friends.

   1100 - decides to go out front and catch a cigarette break.

   1140 - gets back in time to wash up in preparation to head down for
   lunch.

   1305 - returns from lunch.

   1310 - actually starts to get some work done.

   1420 - realizes the transportation voucher window closes in ten
   minutes and makes it across the entire building and to the window
   by1422.  (the fastest he has moved all day)  He picks up his bus,
   subway, and parking vouchers.

   1430 - decides to go out and smoke another cigarette since he is near
   the exit anyway.

   1450 - gets back to the office and reads the funnies and starts the
   crossword.

   1535 - has to go see a man about a horse

   1555 - back to the crossword puzzle.

   1610 - can only finish half of the puzzle.....reads a few Liberal
   jokes to the guy in the next cubicle.

   1630 - starts packing up so he can beat the afternoon traffic.

   1645 - sneaks out early..hoping nobody notices.