[Rhodes22-list] Re: Boom Room Idea

Steve Alm salm at mn.rr.com
Wed Sep 15 14:53:40 EDT 2004

Bary,

We have the boom room and we love it and use it often.  It takes about 10 to
15 minutes to set up if my wife helps--less, is she doesn't.  8-)

It has a 1" PVC pipe frame that we stow in a long, skinny bag in the
V-berth.  It's up and off to the side and you still have room to sleep
there.  The tent material is made out of white Dacron sailcloth and is
folded up and put in a medium-size duffle bag and stowed in the lazzerette.
The side panels can be added and snapped down along the rail, or they can be
removed and/or replaced by screens.  Without the side panels, it's like a
great big bimini.  We have the filler boards and cushions to make the
cockpit one giant bed, but we usually set up the table in the cockpit and
just sleep on the seats--single berths--and then there's no stepping over
anyone if using the head in the middle of the night and no shuffling  stuff
around in the morning to facilitate making breakfast.

We also have the option of the pop-top enclosure, which is even easier to
set up--5 minutes.  We prefer this option if it's cold and stormy and we
want to hunker down it the cabin.

Slim