[Rhodes22-list] My PopTop is Leaking! Something Else To Look For

Lou Rosenberg lsr3 at MAIL.nyu.edu
Thu Sep 30 13:04:26 EDT 2004

>Lou,
>Be sure to get some shots of both the inside and the topside. Need to see
>what the sliders look like.
>
>Rummy

  Rummy, Roger

  I CAN say that the sliders have a residue of black looks more like
dust around them..
   I assumed that was just dirt and ground up gelcoat from normal
abuse.. The teak inlay if you will in the sliders needs to be re
oiled and then I will rebed when hatch work is complete.
  My plan is to remove the sliders & make a temp plywood  hatch since
I am only using a 15x 15 tarp now as I continue to work on the boat
until the cold sets in.  I have to fix the front of the hatch, remove
an old lock on the side of it, cover that hole and add a new rubber
edge to the front of the hatch.   I am hoping to do all of this work
in two days later in the month.
  thanks for the reminder on observing the sliders will shoot those as well.
  Lou