[Rhodes22-list] Spring in Chicago

Ronald Lipton rlipton at earthlink.net
Sat Apr 23 09:04:47 EDT 2005

Last weekend is was 80 degrees and sunny today:
-------
Michigan City To New Buffalo-
Forecast as of 4:00 am CDT on April 23, 2005

Gale Warning in effect until Sunday afternoon
Today... North gales to 40 knots. Chance of rain showers and snow
showers.
Waves 14 to 20 feet.
-------

Today there are scheduled bridge lifts for boats going
to Chicago harbors from the Chicago river.  I guess
there won't be many customers.

By the way Stan says that the vertical batten is 50" long 3/8" plastic
rod.
I am not sure why rod is used rather than the usual bar-shaped
batten.  The transverse stiffness needed must be more uniform
than for horizontal battens.

Ron