[Rhodes22-list] Resistance is futile

Dennis McNeely fluidspring at site-solutions.com
Sat Aug 13 11:54:39 EDT 2005

I've been restoring Magic Moments (an '86 Rhodes 22) - with the intention of
sailing in Lake Saint Claire in Michigan.

The UV cover on the headsail needs to be re-stitched, and the main needs a
bit of repair - in truth, I should probably replace the sails . . . there
are still a few lines that should be replaced soon . . .

but she's in the water!

Sailing her has been a joy - initially getting a feel for the IMF and
playing with the sails to see how best to control her trim. Initially I
resisted the urge to put a rail in the water, then decided that resistance
is futile . . .

I'd like to read more about others experiences, repairs, etc - but how do I
open the 118 Mb archive file (it has a 'mbox' file extension)? I'd like to
use a desktop search engine to explore previous posts, but don't know how to
get into it.

Thanks - Dennis