[Rhodes22-list] WARNING - Politics for Bill - Great quotes aboutBosnia, the war where we lost 0

Herb Parsons hparsons at parsonsys.com
Thu Aug 18 16:49:58 EDT 2005

The other day, I was heading to a point almost straight upwind. I set my sails close hauled on a starboard tack for about half a mile, then switched. Went another half a mile, and switched back to a starboard tack. Went about a quarter mile, and the wind changed, so I had to set the sails for a beam reach instead of close hauled.

Probably didn't know what I was doing, since the place I was going never changed, and I had to keep moving the sails around.

This is, of course, if you're a powerboater looking for a reason to complain about the crazy sailor.

Gee, political and sailing all in one post...

Herb Parsons

S/V O'Jure
  1976 O'Day 25
  Lake Grapevine, N TX

S/V Reve de Papa
  1971 Coronado 35
  Lake Pontchartrain, Louisiana Coast

>>> hnw555 at gmail.com 8/18/2005 9:57:09 AM >>>
Stan,
 I didn't miss the irony at all. I fully understood what was being said. I'm
sure you can go through history and find similar quotes for other situations
where one party said one thing and then had to eat their words later. That's
the nature of the political game and has nothing to do with whether the
beast is Republican or Democrat.
 Asking a politician to be consistent throughout his political career is
just about as likely as asking a Rhodie to give up his sailboat and buy a
stinkpotter.
 Hank