[Rhodes22-list] Main Sail Speed

R22RumRunner at aol.com R22RumRunner at aol.com
Wed Aug 24 09:05:58 EDT 2005

Phyllis,
I'm puzzled. Why are you concerning yourself with such a minor detail. The
convenience of the IMF over the standard main outweighs any small advantage in
speed it may have. We have gone through this many times on this list. The
traditionalists like the standard main and us lazy social sailors enjoy the
benefits of the IMF. I can go down to my boat, open her up and be on the water
sailing in less time than my dock neighbor with a O'Day 22 can get his sails
out  of the cabin.
I'm thinking that you are going through a learning curve and simply need to
spend more time sailing and getting accustomed to all of the advantages you
currently have. I've had my R22 for eight years now and I'm still  learning.

Rummy