[Rhodes22-list] Ford Expedition

Michael Meltzer mjm at michaelmeltzer.com
Wed Feb 2 09:47:10 EST 2005

the good new:
it tows great, no two way about it, 1000 mile with a seaward like it was
not their
it holds allots, it still roomy with 7 real people in it.
it haul allot, everyone on the street hit me up for home depot/casco
runs, wife got hit up for 100 case of cookie for the trope run, etc...
A least for the diesel the mile is around 17 mile per galloon, better
than the explore it replaced
No trouble in snow, in fact works great.
rides pretty good,
Unless it is a train or a mack truck you will come out better in any
"meetings" with other cars

the down  side:
it a land boat, you dock in parking spaces, not pull in. it needs room
to turn.
you have to plain parking, not all spaces work, will use all the space
line to line
covered parking lots can be a problem(any thing under 6-8), cause
problems in the city
it not "use around town car", as in wife running store to store, to much
time "planing" parking"
44 galloon gas tank mean 100$ fillup :-), IIRC the gas version get 10
miles to the galloon

One other thing, people do give you "strange looks" when you drive.

MJM