[Rhodes22-list] Advice Please!

Jim Connolly jbconnolly at comcast.net
Sat Feb 5 20:32:46 EST 2005

I tow with a '98 Blazer, it is fine given the following caveats:

I tow only about twice per year (launch and recover) 35 miles one way to the
ocean and relatively flat terrain, usually only me and another person in the
truck.  I have an '85 (lighter than a new Rhodes, I am told) and a new Triad
trailer with surge brakes.

I have towed further (>100 miles to the foothills of the White Mountains of
NH for vacation) with wife, child and a truck-full of vacation stuff), it
handled the trip OK, but I added a weight-distributing hitch to the trailer,
since I feared exceeding the weight rating of the rear axle.

If gas up here were less than about $1.95/gal, I would probably think about
a Tahoe/Yukon.  I like Chevy trucks.

My $0.02

Good Luck

Jim Connolly