[Rhodes22-list] Raven

Peter Thorn pthorn at nc.rr.com
Sun Feb 13 21:36:00 EST 2005

Hello Rhodies,

I am a happy sailor today!  Yesterday Mark and I closed the deal and now Raven sits in my driveway.  She's a beauty, a real time-capsule boat.  Many thanks to Stan for building such a fine craft, to Gary Sanford and Mark and Julie Kaynor for taking such good care of this '88 unrecycled boat.   Tana and I will be R22 sailing this year instead of next year or beyond, which would be the earliest probable time that I could find the time to complete renovations to Phoenix, while also running a small business and spending 12-15 weekends a year racing Tanzers 16s.

This year Raven will be dry-sailed on Kerr Lake, near  where the Carolina Sailing Club races at Henderson Point on the NC/VA borderline.  On T16 race weekends Raven can serve as lake lodging too.  Perhaps Raven and I will join the local PHRF fleet next winter, or Tana and I  will venture up into the Chesapeake again- who knows.  It's just a great feeling to have an "Admiralty Craft" ready ro go in great shape.

Fair winds,

PT