[Rhodes22-list] OK, a line question

ed kroposki ekroposki at charter.net
Mon Feb 21 08:03:00 EST 2005

Ron,
	For what it is worth, Stan gets his line on huge rolls.  I have
never seen a store that sells line like the one he sells for the Genoa.  I
have seen thick white and black.  However, they have a very different feel
to the hand.  They are either too stiff or too limp.
	Consider sending a check to Stan and you will get Blue in the right
length.  Since you are in Chicago, he might even be willing to send it to
you, rather than making go come to Edenton.
	The original Blue has a good feel for many years.  Its thickness
helps. Contact Stanley's Line works.
	If you insist on dealing with somebody else, try Layline
http://www.layline.com/home.asp, just up the road from Stan.  Even if you
get the line from Stan, checkout Layline, they have several unique products.
	Have you gotten copies of the cordage companies' product lines at
the boat shows?  http://www.samsonrope.com/home/newindex.cfm
http://www.yalecordage.com/
http://www.marlowropes.com/offshore/constructions.htm

Ben, are you still counting sites?  I am still waiting on that knife report.
Did you ever buy it?

Ed k
Greenville, SC, USA