[Rhodes22-list] Kentucky Lake Photos

brad haslett flybrad at yahoo.com
Sat Feb 26 18:54:47 EST 2005

Ed,

That old truck is certified to 41,000 feet but the
dash-10 DC-10's take forever to get there.  The cold
weather helps but it doesn't make much sense to climb
into a headwind (Westbound).  I first got interested
in sailing flying to Vancouver, BC as a new hire.  A
captain I flew with a lot kept a sailboat in Seattle.
We used to have four-day layovers in Vancouver and
he'd drive down and spend the time-off on the boat.
Unfortunately we no longer have anything more than two
days off conus, and I fly daytime only which means
short layovers.  As the DC-10 fleet gets whittled down
through the conversion process to MD-10's I'll be
forced to fly something else, like maybe that frog
built thing.  I keep watching their schedules and
looking for cities with daytime trips where I can
stage a sailboat.

Brad

http://www.rhodes22.org/pipermail/rhodes22-list/attch/200502/26/FlyboysTruck.bin