[Rhodes22-list] Upgrade to a Seaward.

ed kroposki ekroposki at charter.net
Sun Feb 27 13:05:12 EST 2005

Russ:
	I understand fully the technical differences between a dagger board
and swing keel.  I have looked at the history of dagger boards and swing
keels.  I have seen the construction of a RK 26 system.  One reason that I
have not been seriously interested boats with dagger boards are known
problems.
	If you are never in shoal waters, a dagger board is fine.  But, I
know that I will always want to explore some cove or shallow place. You have
no stub keel, so you have limited windward sailing ability with board up.
	I am not going to detail the potential problems.  You have a great
boat, and I expect that you will probably enjoy it to the utmost.  Now, if
you will bring it to Lake Hartwell so we here can see how it sails.

Ed K
Greenville, SC, USA