[Rhodes22-list] Trailer Launching and Retrieving

Bryan Childs bchilds1 at peoplepc.com
Fri Jan 14 13:08:41 EST 2005

First, thanks for all the help in determining the surface coating for my dingy floor boards.  I am adding the West resin. The job is almost done.

Another question relating to launching the Rhodes, actually retrieving it.  I have a single axle trailer and it is very important to get the boat as forward on the trailer as possible.  For ramps with a gentle slope it is not difficult, but for steep sloop ramps it is near impossible.  When the boat is pulled out it rotates from it's steep position to a position that is to far back.  I thought of a solution and would like to run it by the group.

Pull the boat out.  For a steep sloop ramp the boat will be too far rearward.  Then tie the stern of the boat to the rear of the trailer and put it back in the water.  I would only need to go back to take some of the load off the trailer.  I should be able to move the boat forward on the trailer.  Then when it comes out it will not rotate back.  Has anyone tied this?