[Rhodes22-list] New Rhodie

P&M Beals beals at rci.rutgers.edu
Sun Jun 26 15:20:13 EDT 2005

Hello Bob and Hilja.

Just read your email after being away from the computer for a spell.
Congrats on your recycled Rhodes...which only built in 2000 must be almost
brand new, before it was recycled...  We are in about the same boat as you..
fairly new to Rhodes 22 ownership.  We are keeping our 1986 Rhodes 22 on
Raritan Bay, Keyport, N.J.
I just looked up Great South Bay, and see you are 50 or so miles east of us.
That looks like a beautiful area, near Fire Island and Robert Moses State
Park.  As for now, we are getting acquainted with Raritan Bay, Sandy Hook
(hopefully soon, and Great Kills).  I would love to  venture your way, but
have a few learning curves to get past.
It is 95 in NJ today, but the breeze is blowing...an evening sail sounds
like a good idea...scouts' picnic with pool first...

Thanks to the writers of the recent posts on handling the genoa jib...they
were useful.

To Dennis who is looking for help raising the mast, where do you live?
Slim's and Bill's recent postings on steps for mast raising are quite
helpful.

Phyllis
Whisper
Keyport, NJ