[Rhodes22-list] backstay tension/traveler bar

P&M Beals beals at rci.rutgers.edu
Wed Jun 29 13:12:40 EDT 2005

Thanks.  I have the single hole in the traveler bar but no hole in the
sockets attached to the stays. That seems to be the problem, and strange
that the socket wouldn't have that hole.
Maybe I will contact Stan, and see if there is anything I can do to get
sockets on the stays with the holes, or why the ones I have would be without
the holes. Ours was a recycled boat by Stan a couple years ago, though I am
not the owner who bought directly from Stan.

Thanks for the feedback on the tension guage vs. strum method.  The cheapest
tension gauge costs $48 and they go up from there.

Phyllis