[Rhodes22-list] Carb problems with NISSAN outboards?

brad haslett flybrad at yahoo.com
Mon Nov 21 11:49:29 EST 2005

Peter,

Do as I say, not as I do.  My 3.5 Nissan dink outboard
doesn't start because I left the fuel in through last
winter.  IT WILL START!  On starter fluid that is, and
if it doesn't keep running it has a problem with SSBB
- Suck, Squeeze, Bang, Blow.  New engines that quit
running usually have a Suck problem.  They can't get
fuel past the "gum" that forms in the carb over
winter.  Sometimes you can nurse them past the problem
with new fuel, sometimes you have to disassemble the
carb and clean.  Not a big deal either way.  No more
fuel than an outboard burns, it pays to buy the best,
throw away the rest (or pour it into your car,
oil/mixture included).

Brad

=== message truncated ===